Whether the requirement is for replacement or OEM fans, our application engineers can provide technical assistance as well as a cost benefit analysis to determine the optimum fan solution for your requirement. We also offer on-site test and analysis services to evaluate fan performance.
CHECK LIST FOR OPTIMUM FAN SELECTION
- For a given fan duty, select the largest possible fan diameter in order to minimize velocity pressure.
- Select an appropriate fan diameter that will meet the minimum required tip clearance.
- In order to achieve higher static efficiencies, select a fan having a high pressure and low air flow regions as derived from the performance curves.
- In applications having high velocity pressure, the use of a velocity recovery cone must be accompanied with the operating environment.
- Select a fan having the appropriate tip speed to meet the required noise limitations.
- Select a fan having an adequate static pressure margin to avoid stall and minimize noise level.
HOW TO REQUEST A FAN
Select the ‘Impact’ FRP Fan appropriate for your particular fan duty requirements either from our Technical Catalog are from the Fan Selection Software. Alternatively, you may contact our Sales Department for assistance. Please provide the following information when requesting a fan model recommendation:
- Equipment Elevation Above Sea Level
- Required Air Flow
- Fan Stack/Casing Details
- Static / Total Pressure
- Operating Temperature
- Motor KW / HP
- Fan Shaft Bushing details, Gear Box/Pulley Type Ratio
- Fan Diameter
- Inlet Shape
- Fan RPM
- Height or Length of Velocity Recovery Cone
- Exit Area and density in case of forced draft application